- Michael Gambon’s early life and career
- Michael Gambon’s filmography and television credits
- Michael Gambon’s awards and nominations
- Michael Gambon’s legacy
Michael Gambon was a legendary actor with a career spanning over six decades. He appeared in a wide range of films and television shows, including Othello, The Insider, Gosford Park, and The King’s Speech. He was also a renowned stage actor, winning three Olivier Awards for his work in the West End.
Gambon is best known for his iconic performance as Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter films. He brought warmth, wisdom, and humor to the role, and his death in 2020 was a great loss to the world of cinema.
Early life and career
Michael Gambon was born in Dublin, Ireland, in 1940. He began his acting career in the early 1960s, appearing in a number of stage productions. He made his film debut in 1965 in the film Othello.
Gambon’s career flourished in the 1970s and 1980s. He appeared in a number of successful films, including The Insider (1999), Gosford Park (2001), and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004).
Filmography and television credits
Michael Gambon’s filmography and television credits include:
- Othello (1965)
- The Insider (1999)
- Gosford Park (2001)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)
- The Speech King (2010)
- Quartet (2012)
- Paddington 2 (2017)
Awards and nominations
Michael Gambon won numerous awards for his work in film, television, and theater, including:
- Three Olivier Awards for Best Actor
- One BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actor
- One Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture
- One Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor
Michael Gambon was one of the most respected and admired actors of his generation. He was known for his versatility, his talent, and his dedication to his craft. His legacy will live on through his many memorable performances, including his iconic role as Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter films.
FAQ about Michael Gambon
How did Michael Gambon die?
Michael Gambon “died peacefully in hospital with his wife Anne and son Fergus at his bedside, following a bout of pneumonia,” according to the family. He was 82.
What is Michael Gambon’s net worth?
Michael Gambon’s net worth is estimated to be around £15 million.
What is Michael Gambon’s most famous role?
Michael Gambon’s most famous role is Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter films.
What is Michael Gambon’s best movie?
Michael Gambon’s best movie is a matter of opinion, but some of his most critically acclaimed films include Othello, The Insider, and Gosford Park.
Is Michael Gambon related to Richard Harris?
Michael Gambon is not related to Richard Harris, who played Albus Dumbledore in the first two Harry Potter films.